Statement of Faith
While we invite anyone to attend our services, our members have united around this statement of faith.
We accept the Scriptures as our authority in matters of faith and practice and adopt the following Statement of Faith as our interpretation of Bible doctrine:
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority for faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16; John 16:12-13; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Psalm 119:89; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:18).
- We believe in one God eternally existing in one essence, yet three coequal persons, the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:21-22; 48:16; Psalm 90:2; Mark 1:9-11; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born to the virgin Mary (John 1:1-2, 14; Luke 1:26-35; Hebrews 1:3).
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He gives spiritual life through the gospel, gifts for ministry, and produces fruit in the believer. He empowers the preaching of God’s Word (John 16:8-11; 2 Corinthians 3:6; 1 Corinthians 2:6-16; 12:12-13; Romans 8:9; Ephesians 1:13-14; John 16:13; 1 John 2:20, 27).
- We believe that mankind was created in the image of God, sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature (Genesis 1:26-27; 3:1-6; Romans 1:18, 32; 3:10-23; 5:12, 19; Ephesians 2:1-3, 12).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are declared righteous by God because of Jesus’ death (Romans 3:24-25; 1 Peter 1:3-5; 2:24; Galatians 3:13; Ephesians 1:7; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven, and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us (Acts 1:9-10; Hebrews 1:3; 7:25; 9:24; Romans 8:34; 1 John 2:1-2).
- We believe in the blessed hope, which is the personal, visible, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (Acts 1:11; Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:16).
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life (Ephesians 2:8-10; John 1:12; Ephesians 1:7; 1 Peter 1:18-19, 23).
- We believe that anyone who continues by grace through faith in Christ to the end of life has promise of eternal salvation (John 6:37-40; 10:27-29; 15:4; Romans 8:38-39; 1 Corinthians 1:4-8; Colossians 1:21-23; Hebrews 3:12-14; 4:11-13; 6:11-12, 17-18; 10:23, 26-27, 35-36; 1 Peter 1:5).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost in hell, and the fellowship of the saved in heaven (John 5:28-29; Matthew 25:46; Revelation 21:3-4).
- We believe in the existence of Satan, who is still working in the world to destroy the souls of men, and that he and all his angels will eternally perish in hell (Isaiah 14:12-17; Ezekiel 28:11-19; Matthew 4:1-11; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 12:7-12; 20:10).
- We believe in the Church, whose mission is to preach the Scriptures to all the world, all of its endeavors being guided by spiritual leaders and governed by the wise stewardship of God’s people (Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8; Acts 2; Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 12:12-18; Ephesians 1:22-23; 5:23, 27; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Matthew 28:18-20; Ephesians 4:11-16).
- We believe that the ordinances of the Church, given by our Lord, are Baptism by immersion, Communion, and Feet Washing (Acts 8:36-39; John 3:23; Romans 6:3-5; Matthew 3:16: Colossians 2:12; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:41-42; 1 Corinthians 11:23-28; John 13:12-15).
- We believe God designed marriage to be between a man and a woman for life and that sexual intimacy of any kind is to be celebrated within the bonds of marriage (Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:5).
- We believe all human life is valued by God and worthy of protection from the moment of conception until death (Genesis 1:26-27; Psalm 139:13-16; 92:12-14; Proverbs 16:31).
- We believe that men and women of all races stand equal before God and that to discriminate against anyone on the basis of race is to violate Scripture’s teaching. We stand firmly against any form of racial or ethnic prejudice and bigotry (Genesis 1:26; Acts 17:26; Colossians 3:11; 2 Peter 3:9; Revelation 7:9-10).
We believe that the foregoing are biblical doctrines. Therefore, we stand firm upon this Statement of Faith.