How to Pray for Those Impacted by Hurricane Harvey
At the time I’m writing this, historic rainfall from Hurricane Harvey continues to pummel Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana. At least nine people have died. Many people will lose their homes and possessions. Only God knows the toll this storm will take on those in Texas and bordering states in the Gulf.
Other than donate funds to help, the only thing we can really do is pray. Thankfully, that’s actually a great thing to do. Here are several suggestions for how to pray for what’s happening in Texas and beyond.
- Pray for God to use this devastation to draw people to salvation through Christ.
- Pray for the safety of those waiting to be rescued.
- Pray for strength for those going to help rescue stranded and lost people.
- Pray for wisdom for Mayor Turner (Houston Mayor) and other leaders doing their best for the good of their cities.
- Pray for God to have mercy on those whose lives are still in danger.
- Pray for God to temper those who would use this devastation for personal profit at the expense of the weak.
- Pray for God to bring a strong west wind to force Hurricane Harvey back into the Gulf of Mexico or to dissipate it.
- Pray for God to use this to remind us all of the brevity of life and the fleeting pleasures of this world.