Our Plans During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Church family and friends,
I pray the Lord is giving you peace in the midst of turmoil.
We will be gathering as usual this Sunday morning and Wednesday night until further notice. Sunday School is at 9:45 and Worship is at 11 am. We are in the clear regarding suggestions by authorities since we are rarely over 100 people when gathered. Therefore, all gatherings will take place at their usual time.
There are a few points of information to be aware of as we head toward Sunday.
- Please stay home if you are ill or have been around someone you know has had the Coronavirus.
- Please wash your hands when you come in the building and before you leave.
- Instead of donuts from 9-10, we will be providing individually wrapped breakfast pastries and muffins.
- Instead of our usual handshakes and hugs, please replace those with an elbow bump or a friendly smile when greeting one another (this will make some of you especially happy!).
- If you are concerned, do not feel pressure to attend. Use your best judgment on attending or not.
- If you know of anyone in our church (member or not) who could use some monetary aid during this time, please contact Deacon Chairman Rob Seymour at 248.376.0457.
- Use the contact sheet and reach out to any of our older members and attenders and see if you can help them in any way. Some who are staying in may just want to talk for a few minutes to alleviate some loneliness.
- I have reached out to a local principal and a contact in the city of Royal Oak to potentially help children who rely on school lunches for sustenance and helping deliver groceries/medications to any older folks who would rather not brave the stores. I will let you all know if that comes to fruition.
Here’s a reminder of what we already know: Jesus Christ is the resurrected King of every single molecule. He holds it all in His hands. He is not surprised, confused, or worried. Stand in Him. He is a rock that cannot be shaken.